You do not need a complex explanation to submit work to Erth Gallery, but you can provide a blurb if you like. We like simple witty works, subversive work, conceptual work, challenging work, fun work, aesthetic work and all work exploring digital and online imagery.
Submit work to email@example.com
General enquiries please use Facebook
Erth Gallery allows for the monthly submission of:
- Digital Images
- Please submit digital images at the highest resolution .jpeg (unless you want it to look low-res, which is fine)
- If your image has transparent parts, please submit a .psd (photoshop) or .png image, or instruct as to what bits should be transparent
- Please say whether you would like a frame added to your image
- Indicate how big the image should appear in the virtual space
- 3D meshes
- If you would like to submit a 'virtual sculpture', this is the way to go
- .blend (blender) .mb (maya binary) .3ds (3d Studio Max) .obj (Wavefront Object) .fbx (FBX) files all work, and I can probably convert if otherwise
- You should submit your image textures or materials alongside the meshes
- For basic polygonal forms, I am able to make these for you (ie: a giant cube in the middle of the gallery space is very easy for me to do)
- If you want to display a collection of 'found objects' there are many free meshes available to download online from free mesh libraries!
- Audio Files
- If you want to submit a sound, this is also possible!
- Submit as an .mp3 file, please no longer than 1 minute due to bandwith/file size issues
- Indicate how the sound should work in the space (volume, area of audibility etc)
- Video Files Currently Unavailable
- Due to bandwith and file size issues, very short videos at a low resolution are possible
- Animated Gifs
- I love animated gifs. I've written a script to show them in 3D space.
- You need to cut up the gif into separate images (frames) the same size, these need to be quite small and saved as .jpeg (or .png if with transparent parts)
- Number the images in the order they should appear
- Please indicate the speed you'd like it to play (frames per second)
- Instructions / help
- If you need to provide instructions please do so (do you need a plinth? do you need a raised floor? removed ceiling? coloured lights? etc etc)
- Instructions can be provided for very simple artworks if you do not have experience with digital/3D software
- This might include 3D text, basic polygonal shapes, trees, water, particle effects (like fire, snow, splashes, magic dust etc)
- Please use facebook to contact or ask about the possibility of your artwork